http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/38519616#38519616
Watch the video clip from the Today Show. Are there any surprizes in this clip?
What if, anything can be done to discourage teens from texting and driving? Be specific. If you don't think anything can be done, tell us why you feel that way.
1.I was suprised about the number of teens that texted and that were woried about the driver but texted as well.
ReplyDelete2.parents could send there kids to a class about distrated driving.
I was surprised the 86% of teens drove while distracted. I was also surprised that they said parental involvement would help.
ReplyDeleteTo discourage kids from distracted driving they should put up my awareness of the consequences of distracted driving.
What really suprised me was how many people died, especially in the length of the show. I think that parents should definately install that app on the phones that holds calls, I think that would discourage teens from texting and driving.
ReplyDelete1) What was surprisiong was how many teens die from texting and driving and how many still do it.
ReplyDelete2)Parents could get some kind of ban thing on the childs phone if they are in the car. Or they could put them in some kind of distracted driving class.
The only thing that really suprized me was when she said atleast three teens would die during the show
ReplyDeleteI think that one way to discourage teens from texting is to have the newer phones come with the app that holds your calls and texts while you are driving
I wasn't really suprised about this video after i saw the first one.
ReplyDeleteI think that parents can take kids phone away before they trust them enough to drive while having a cell phone.
i was suprised when she said three drivers would die during the show
ReplyDeletethere parents shoukld take there phones away or be able to disable texting whle there driving
I was suprised when the women said that three kids would die in a car crash during that show. I think the way to stop teenagers from distracted driving is for all parents to stop doing it, and to hold all their texts and calls while they are driving. Also, limit the number of passengers they are allowed to drive with.
ReplyDeleteI dont think anything can really be done because alls you can do is tell them to stop and if they dont listen death can happen at any time.
ReplyDeleteI dont think anything can be done because alot of people arent serious about it.
ReplyDeletei was shocked..... i mean something can be done but are we really going to listen. some people do while others dont
ReplyDeleteIt was very scary that she had said three people would die in a car crash during that show. Parents really should install the app so they can hold calls while their kid is driving. It could say the kids life and if not theirs then someone elses life.
ReplyDeleteI was surprised that so many teens drive distracted and that they really dont care about it.
ReplyDeleteI think the only way to get teens to see how devastating distracted driving is is for them to see it for themselves because no pushing and pulling from parents are going to get teens to stop.
I wasn't surprised. I want something to be done, but the teen drivers obviously won't listen... I have no idea how anyone can get through to them!
ReplyDelete1. I was surprised by the number of kids either text or talk on the phone while driving, and the number of deaths in a year too.
ReplyDelete2. I think the aps on the newer phones should definitely be used. By doing this you won't be seeing how many text messages you got, who's calling you, if their waiting on you or not, exc.
No surprise at all. Once again we are getting the same old statistics on the same information and it's not helping. Teens doing this aren't going to change until they get the wakeup call and get into a crash. They think they are bullet proof until the get shot. It's the only way to change their minds.
ReplyDeleteI am not surprised at all at these results at all. I know this was about kids but they had to learn it was okay from somewhere. You cant blame teens for what society teaches them. No one, including adults, will ever be phased about distracted driving untill someone gets hurt.
ReplyDeleteSeveral elements in the video surprised me about statistics found in distracted driving. To start, 86% of teens admitted to distracted driving; 84% know that distracted driving is dangerous but continue to drive distracted anyway. Another statistic said that it only takes two seconds for someone to look away and become involved in an accident. If you know that distracted driving is dangerous and that it only takes two seconds to look away and become involved in a car crash, why do you continue to allow yourself to become distracted?
ReplyDeleteFrom the statistics provided from the video, teens have already proven that they know distracted driving is dangerous and have confirmed that the methods people have used to stop them from driving while distracted are not working. I am not to saying that there is no way to discourage teens from distracted driving, but the message doesn’t seem to affect their decisions. The comment from the video about how parents need to become involved in discouraging teens from distracted driving is absolutely true. The next best solution would be to have the parents turn off the phone or limit the people in the car. The laws that the states have been forming will also play a major role in discouraging teens from distracted driving.
I was surprised that so many teens drive distracted and that they really dont care about it.
ReplyDeleteI think the only way to get teens to see how devastating distracted driving is is for them to see it for themselves because no pushing and pulling from parents are going to get teens to stop.