Thursday, January 27, 2011

Distracted Driving Survey Results Relfections

http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pubs/811379.pdf

Now that we have our distracted driving survey results put into a spreadsheet let's take a look at the results.

Did the results of question 1 surprize you? Why or why not.

Compare and contrast the results of question 1 with your prediction of question 1.

After seeing the results of question 1 I wonder how our school compares to other schools or teen responses.

Examine the data found at the attached link. Look specifically at the various tables of data. Can you make any assumptions when you compare our survey results against the results found in these tables? Give specific answers and examples.

17 comments:

  1. No not at all, i see people texting and driving all the time.

    i thought that at leat 90% of people would say yes but there was a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. No, They did'nt Because most of the people Said no anyways.
    2. My prediction was right because I knew that most of them would say no.
    3. I can make a assumption that if the school is smaller its going to have a diffrent affect on the results and the same if it is larger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. No it did not suprise me.
    2. I predicted that most of them would say no.
    3. Depending on the school size it can affect the results of the survey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No I did not find this surprizing at all. Teens today do not think about what might happen if they text and drive, so the fact that a lot do is not surprizing.

    I was a little off with how many people i guessed.

    Our school would have the same results as any other school.

    Our results were pretty close to the tables results.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, the results did not surprise me because a lot of teenagers text and talk on the phone all the time. It's nothing new.

    I predicted a little under from what the results were for question 1.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. Question one did really surprise me; I thought that more juniors and sophomores would not have their license considering it is so expensive.
    2. My prediction was there would be about 60% no’s, and there was actually about 60% yes.
    3. They amount of kids driving most likely depends on the region you live, and how large your school is. But also is similar to our results.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was not surprised by the results of question one, when more students said they drive than don’t drive. Although I predicted that more students drive than don’t drive, I did not expect only a little over half the students drive. I predicted that at least 2/3 of the students drive.
    Based on the information found in the various tables from the link, the results from both their survey results and ours are similar in theme and the information it contains. For example, the chart titled Drivers Involved in Fatal Crashes by Age and Vehicle Type, 2009, gives information about fatal crashes amongst different age groups. Likewise, our survey results were also focused on a specific age group. With the same chart, it was labeled with the date the survey results were accounted for. On survey result charts based on our school, we also included the dates the surveys were taken.

    ReplyDelete
  8. -The Results for question 1 are the same results I thought we'd get seeing over half of our school can legally drive.
    -Our results are just about the same as my predictions.
    - Because of the data tables we can assume about 20% of our drivers will be injured in a car crash due to distracted driving.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1.No, becasue we mostly only asked the freshman class.
    2.I thought that most would say no so my prediction was correct.
    3.Our surveys were based on driver and passengers that could potentially be distracted drivers and the ones on the link were based on crashes and years.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1. The results did not suprise me. Many of my friends drive distracted and I am well aware alot of teens do.
    2. My predictions were the same as the results.
    3. The ammount of kids depend on how many kids go to that school & how many are drivers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No the results did not surprise me because I know from experience that a lot of teenagers drive and text on the phone.

    My prediction was right.

    Their survey results were a lot more specific than ours. The younger group had the most distracted drivers. And in out survey we had a lot of distracted drivers too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. -the results to question one didnt suprise me except for the one kid who put legally after the question
    -my prediction was not right at all i said the 90% would say yes and it was about 50-50
    -Our surveys were based on the student population and probably most of them lied and the ones on the link were in a specific year

    ReplyDelete
  13. -The results to question 1 kind of did surprise me because i would expect less students to drive.
    -My prediction was that there would be a little over half no's but there waws actually a little over half yes's.
    -In my opinion, the results of the surveys depend on the size of the schoool

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1. i predicted about the same
    2. my prediction was about the same
    3. i would say alot of people didnt care about this project.

    ReplyDelete
  15. 1)The result for question one surprised me because I didnt think that many people would have their licsense because it's really expensive.
    2)My prediction for question one was less then what was turned in.
    3)I think the results of the survey depends on the school size.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The results did surprise me for Question 1.

    My guess was off, I thought under half would drive but over half actually do.

    I imagine the results would be pretty close to our school's results.

    Using the charts I can assume that about 20% of drivers who drive distracted will be in an accident, based on Table 3.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The results for question 1 did surprise me because i didn't realize how many students drive.

    My predicition was off. I thought more people would say they dont drive.

    In my opinion, the results of the surveys depend on the size of the schoool.

    ReplyDelete