Thursday, January 27, 2011

Distracted Driving on Oprah Show

See the link below for an article from the Oprah Show: http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/end-distracted-driving

What is your overall feelings and impressions after reading this article? Be specific please.

19 comments:

  1. This article was sad that the little girl was killed by a distracted driver. Also that 71 percent of people between the ages of 18 and 49 drive distracted surprised me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was suprised that over 70% of people ages 18-49 text and drive. I would have never guessed that that many people do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was suprised that between the ages of 18-49 70% of them admit to texting and drivingl, I wouldnt even think that people over the age of 45 would text at all

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really feal scared that that many people are texting and driving, and also suprised by the amount of death caused by the commuter train and the 18-wheel semi hit the bus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It surprised me that all those people text, make phone calls and even send email messages while driving. It was also very sad that the little girl was killed in a crash because of distracted driving. I think this article was very informative and helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My overall feeling about this was some idiot that was a distracted driver killed someone innocent and knowing that he/she has to live with it is almost unbearable. And im surprised that at that age they would even be texting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This article made some very good points. The two articles about the devastating effects of distracted driving were very sad. The fact that so much percent of US drivers text while driving was suprising.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wasnt surprised about how many people admit using their phone while driving. A lot of people do it. But what did surprise me were the amounts about deaths that happened because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My overall feeling on this article is that not one person should text or call and drive. Many people have been killed because of texting and driving.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i cant believe what the percentage in the u.s text while they drive especially begining drivers. I think it should be banned in all states

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this is a good article. Many people die each year from texting and driving, and don't know how serious it really is until it happens to them! It's scary how many deaths there have been because texting or talking on your cellphone while driving.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was shocked! People hear on the news about these horrible accidents caused by distracted driving and they do nothing about it! They think it can't happen to them and that's stupid! people anger me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was very surprised that just a simple text message can kill and injure that many people in a year. That's shocking to me, and the train crash and bus accident is horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The statistics in this article show just how harmful using your phone while driving really is. 500,000 people are injured every year just from distracted driving with cell phones, and lots are killed too. Inocent people like the little girl on the school bus are killed just because of someone elses stupid decisions

    ReplyDelete
  15. i could not belive that soo many people text while they drive. i feel that we should stop texting while driving or being distracted. when you here about teens or anyone getting killed by distracted driving we should put a stop to it

    ReplyDelete
  16. The story about the little girl dying was sad. I was really surprised when 6,000 people die each year because of distracted driving. I was pretty shocked to see that.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This artile is just like so many others we have had to read. More numbers and percentages about crashes due to distracted driving. But honestly just becuase Oprah tells me it's bad, doesn't mean anyone will change their minds on it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am not going to say i am surprised at all about the death and injury rate or the rate of how many people are distracted drivers. Its sad to say but its true. I think that rate is just going to keep going up over time no matter what anyone says or does about it. I think Oprah just needs to get over herself and accept the fact that her article is not going to change anything. It might make people feel bad, maybe not, but it still is not going to change the fact that they still text or talk while driving. Nothing is going to change that unless they or someone they know gets hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Oprah Winfrey article made me stop and think about the two tragedies mentioned. She makes it evident that the conductor and the semi-driver had no intention of harming the people in the accident but that because of the choices they made affected the thirteen-year-old killed and the people injured on the train. While reading the articles, I realized that texting and driving isn't okay and that allowing yourself to become a distracted driver can cause damage and consequences that were not intended to happen.

    ReplyDelete